Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Not today, Lady.

You know that phenomena where you go to Walmart thinking you're just going for a travel air compressor and an exercise ball... and walk out with 4th of July themed kids headband, pink flamingos and red/white/blue brownie bites?

Not only pink flamingos, but a pineapple sippy cup, toddler sized Adirondack chair and table, 4 little american flags and a heart full of dreams about a 4th of July/Summertime photo session with 80.

This is more like what I got.
I wish I had a little kitchy white ceramic poodle! And I forgot his sunglasses inside!
To be fair, he was really tired, and the chair is too big for him.  And I'm standing about 5 feet away (more if I could)

Now, 80 didn't cooperate, so whatever, but I am really happy with the colors in these.  They turned out true, on camera! I didn't edit or adjust these at all ( I would have given a little more saturation to the red though)! I needed to move the left flamingo out of the sun, I knew that when I took the first picture, but I took it *while holding 80* so I couldn't.  When I set this up tomorrow (or whenever), I'm going to do it earlier in the day (I took these around 1pm) so there is more shade on the front lawn and also I am going to hack that ugly bush back (it's dead) since I kind of like the angle of the top image better than the bottom two. I would also like to hit up the dollar store to get:
a. a colorful straw to poke out of the pineapple
b. a drink umbrella since the pineapple comes apart in the center.
c. a little flowerpot with a fake flower in it? for behind the chair to the right?

I also have a plate and red white and blue brownie bites to set on the table, and American flags and ribbons to place, but I wanted this set to be more Summer and less 4th of July (back yard I think).  It ended up being less 'Fun in the Sun' and more 'time for my midday nap'.

I am cooking up a plan: to see if there are any other moms out there who would like a couple photos of their babies looking Summerful, in exchange for them handling my guy for a few minutes so I can take a few pictures of him without him bloodying his nose on the front porch.  I may not go through with it, I'm pretty nervous photographing other people since I'm so critical.  What is good enough for me is never good enough to put my name on for others.  

No comments:

Post a Comment