Saturday, June 22, 2013

May 2013

We started the month out with 80 hospitalized, running through the last few days of his antibiotics run.  My dad drove down on the 3rd, 80 was released on the 4th, and my parents flew to Denmark on the 7th.  They were gone for not quite 2 weeks.  During that time, 80 and I ran/walked another 5k.  This time it was for Girls on the Run, a local program that encourages young girls to get out and exercise, stay fit, make good life choices, and build self esteem.  I felt like I did pretty well, but I ended up running it in 42 minutes or something ridiculous.  So... needs improvement.  It was a fun run though,


 2 of the other troop wives, Jessika and Kati

I always end up carrying him at some point.  
 When my parents came home, it was almost 80s 6 month birthday!  To celebrate we packed up and went to Hilton Head, we parked at Coligny beach and made our way past the EXCELLENT facilities and beach access to the beach and water.  We were not dressed for the beach, nor had we any plans of swimming or sunbathing, but I couldn't resist the opportunity to dip 80s toes in the Atlantic for the first time!

Sadly, mom and dad had to go home a few days later.  I'd had mom with me for almost a month and it was wonderful but she has this whole life in St Louis she has to go back to or whatever.  We had been invited to the beach the same day they left so 80 and I went to Tybee for the first time.  We met up with Kelli and Jessika who are troop wives who are also in SSM.

 napping in the beach wagon

80, Lani and Tristin: beach babies!!!

Neither of us ended up sun burnt, but I did get a parking ticket.. late by 10 minutes!  Such a bummer.  We also went down with a handful of other SSM moms to St Simons island in GA, to Neptune Park which is just a public pool.  It was a beautiful day and 80 had a good time sleeping on me while we sat along the wall of the zero entry part of the pool.  I don't think I'll be making the hour and a half hour drive back down there just for the pool any time soon, but hanging out with other SSM moms in a setting where I wasn't sweating or out of breath was a treat.

1 comment: