Friday, June 21, 2013

February 2013

After Irma left, I was alone, for the first time, with a newborn baby.  We had a dog, Sumo, at the time and he had exhibited very troubling behavior towards 80 during the month he had been home.  I made the decision to give him to an english bulldog rescue.  It goes to show how much Andrew adored 80 that when I made the suggestion he supported the idea.  Sumo had bitten me twice and Andrew once and he had refused to get rid of him!
 
He was such a beautiful bulldog, look at that coat!

I contacted many rescues but the only one who had immediate room for Sumo was in Montgomery AL.  I made plans to visit my Granny in southern AL, packed up Sumo and 80, and we took our first road trip.  80 did very well, he only cried when he was hungry and slept almost the whole way.  It took me about 10 hours to get to my Grannys house.
 Hello Granny Lida!
Hello Uncle Andy!

Granny came with me and 80 to Montgomery to give Sumo to the bulldog rescue.  I had never really liked Sumo but it was an emotional goodbye.  On the way back I noticed a spot on 80s shunt tubing.  It was white like an infection, but there was no bubble, the skin wasn't broken or even thinning, so I called Dr Thompsons office and asked them about it.  They said if the skin breaks to come home, but if not to enjoy my vacation.  It never broke so I enjoyed my vacation.

We stayed in Alabama for a few more days, I got to hook up with a Houston friend who now lives near Pensacola, Ashley, for an afternoon.  It was good to see her again, we do not talk as often as I would like!

80 was handling the vacation so well I decided to tack on another leg.  We left Alabama and drove up to Nashville to visit my sisters.  I stayed another 5 days with them, I even made it up to Clarksville and dropped in at Lyndons.  I really missed my friends up there so it was nice to see (almost) everyone.
Hi Aunt Meg!

Sarah holding 80 after he poop-sploded his outfit and had to spend the rest of the evening in a blanket because I had no backup onesie.
Some tummy time exercise at Aunt Kims, 7 weeks adjusted age

We made it home towards the end of February.  80 had done well and the spot on his shunt tubing had gone away.

No comments:

Post a Comment